Monday, May 9, 2016

What's Good Everyone!

What's good everyone! Super good week this week! First of all before I
go into the week, transfers is tomorrow and Elder Ramos is being
transferred to Pittsburgh 4th ward to be a Zone Leader in the
Pittsburgh North Zone, I'm gonna miss him :(. I'm staying here in
Lewisberry Walk and my new companion is going to be Elder Cuthbert,
who I know nothing about so more on that next week! It's exciting but
sad, I've really loved being companions with Elder Ramos.

So most exciting thing of the week is we found a family to teach! The ward has been fasting for more people to accept the gospel and that we will be able to find those who are prepared, and me and Elder Ramos have specifically been praying to find a family to teach, and our prayers were answered! So what happened was, after the referral we got a couple weeks ago ended up not being interested, we decided that we were sent to that neighborhood/apartment complex for a reason. So we decided to tract the complex! So on Wednesday we were on exchanges with the zone leaders and I was with Elder Ibarra here in our area.
After a service appointment cancelled I decided we should go tract
this complex because we hadn't done all of it. So we went over there and like the 4th door we knock on this teenage kid answers and we started talking to him. After a few minutes of talking to him he his mom came downstairs and got really excited and was like "come in! I'm a Mormon!" And we're like whaaaat so we go in and she's like I was baptized in the York ward when I was 19! (she said she's 35 now) And she was like I want you to teach my boys! They need to come closer to God. So we had a lesson with her and her three sons and we're going back on Wednesday! Now we need to find her membership records because they aren't in our ward. Her name is Yoslin and her three boys are Kevin, Kennet, and Calvin. It's super exciting and so awesome to see our hard work and prayers answered. I can't wait to see what is in store for their family.

Other than that we did some more less active work this week, and also made a lot of calls trying to set up appointments with potential and former investigators, but no luck there.

Funny story, on Thursday night a member took us to this place for
dinner called Quaker Stake and Lube, to do this hot wing challenge. We did this super gnarly hot wing challenge and I thought I was going to die it was way sick though! The hot wings were drenched in a hot sauce that's 500,000 scoville units (which is a lot) and we had to eat 6 of them in under 3 minutes and we all did it! It was pretty crazy. The wings are so hot that they serve them with gloves, because if the sauce touches certain parts of your skin it will burn! Also you have to sign a release form saying that you are aware of the danger of incredibly spicy food. It was crazy. Other people at the restaurant were telling us we were insane for doing it, our waiter told us he's never actually seen someone do it! It was sweet and we get a free t-shirt except they ran out of them so they are sending them to us.

So there's some of the awesome week! Tomorrow I will be in Harrisburg all day waiting for my new companion, Elder Cuthbert. Love you all!


On roof to get frisbee last P-day.  Hahaha  Flexxin on that Amish hat yaimshayin

Last district meeting before transfers

The Fike Family

The Liechty family minus Brother Liechty.  The ties Elder Ramos and I are wearing we made out of a skirt.

Quaker Stake and Lupe Hot Wings Challenge Waiver

No comments:

Post a Comment