Monday, March 20, 2017

Purple Pretzel Party

hey kids


Last monday we were at the skatepark and this kid on a bmx bike ate it sooo bad in the bowl. Like bars to the chest, flew over the bars and slammed into the transition of a quarter pipe. He rolled down the ramp and as he tried to get up I ran over to see if he was ok. After he tried to get up he keeled over on the ground and started moaning and shortly after he collapsed farther and his face hit the pavement and he started foaming and drooling from the mouth. He started shaking and like having a seizure with his face plastered on the concrete. I didn't really know what to do and my companion and the other kids at the park were on the other side and couldn't see. The only thing i could think to do was to give him a blessing, so I took his helmet off laid my hands on his head and started to give him a priesthood blessing. As soon as I said "in the name of Jesus Christ" he stopped shaking and woke up from his seizure thing.



I don't share this to say "oh look at me I did this" because it was absolutely not me. I share this to demonstrate how God truly does put us in the places we need to be to be his instruments, and in this case it happened to be one of my favorite places. It was a very humbling experience to be the vessel that God needed me to be to use the priesthood to bless the life of another one of his children. The priesthood is real and has most definitely been restored.


Now that long story is done which you may not have read due to its quantity of text, here's some other stuff thats going on in this little hick town.


On tuesday we got like 7 inches of snow or something and the whole town shut down. We shoveled snow and stuff.


Saw Daniel this week, he's softening slowly.


Leila and her son Logan and her ex husband all came to church. Leila had to leave early but always has the best questions to ask. She called us earlier in the week with questions about her book of mormon reading. We still havent been able to meet regularly though because of her crazy work schedule.


put these pix on a billboard if you want


1. snow shovlr
Inline image 1

2. rain storm from the stickleys porch thingy
Inline image 2

3. lunch

Inline image 3

4. "wanna take a pic? should i smile? please do"


Inline image 4
-Elder Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment