Monday, June 20, 2016

Transverz

Yo everyone first things first I'm being transferred to Ephrata, PA
tomorrow! From what I hear it's straight Amish country so it should be interesting hahaha. I'm a little bummed to be going from a
walking/biking area in a pretty urban area to a car area full of
farmland, but I'll adjust haha. My new companion is going to be Elder Mink, I've met him once briefly and he seems pretty cool. I'm
definitely going to miss this area and the Lewisberry ward after 4 1/2 months here, but I'm excited to move on to a new area. Said some tough goodbyes yesterday.

I had a pretty good last week here. On Tuesday we had another lesson with our new investigator Steve. Sister Norris, who referred him to us, met us there at the lesson and shared an awesome testimony of the restoration with him. He loves pictures and that's what helps him remember what we taught. Like he remembered about Joseph Smith by the picture in the pamphlet. So we ordered him a children's Book of Mormon stories book with lots of pictures in it that he'll be getting later this week! Unfortunately I won't be able to see him get it :( Steve is such a character I'm gonna miss that guy.

On Wednesday we helped a kid in the Ward, Steven, who is about to leave on his mission do some yard work for his mom. He leaves in July for the California, Ventura mission! I predicted it like 3 months ago I told him I was like Steven I'm here so you're going to California haha and I was right! He is super excited to go.

On Thursday we went on exchanges and I was in Camp Hill with Elder Wilson. Lessons fell through and we went tracting and met some real nice people! And some not so nice people of course hahaha. We also ate squirrel.

On Saturday we did some service for a less active's neighbor, who is from Pakistan. We sanded and painted her door frame and then she made us Pakistani food for lunch! It was so nice of her especially because she is currently fasting for Ramadan but she made food for us and sat with us while we ate. She is such a sweet lady, and made some really good Pakistani food! It was really cool. She asked about the temple in DC and so we ended up talking to her about temples and Sister Tornblom who has been less active for like 50 years was like bearing testimony of temples to her it was sweet.

Sunday I said some tough goodbyes at church. The Lewisberry ward will always have a special place in my heart. This ward has been so welcoming and loving to me ever since I got here. I'm gonna miss it but I'm excited for what's ahead of me.




- Elder Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment